The word quadratic is derived from the Latin word quadratus which means square,
- The quadratic equation is generally represented as. ax²+bx+c=0 where a≠0 and a,b,c are constants, x is variable (unknown).
- Discriminant of the quadratic equation is (D) equals b²-4ac
- If the value b²-4ac>0 then the roots are real and distinct.
- If b²-4ac=0 then roots are real and equal.
- If b²-4ac<0 then roots are imaginary roots.
let the roots of the quadratic equation be α and β
Then the relation between α and β is:
α+β = -b/a
αβ = c/a
If the roots are given then the equation is
x2" role="presentation" style="display: inline; line-height: normal; font-size: 15px; overflow-wrap: normal; white-space: nowrap; float: none; direction: ltr; max-width: none; max-height: none; min-width: 0px; min-height: 0px; border: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; position: relative;"> - (α + β)x + αβ = 0