10 Things Everyone Needs To Know About Six Sigma Certification
As it is widely known that Six Sigma is a methodology that the organizations have embraced for reducing defects, thus the revenue improves followed by the satisfaction of the customers. In recent time, it has been observing that Six Sigma Certification has become immensely popular among the aspirant candidates who want to climb the ladder of success in the corporate sector and want to have a flourishing career. There are various levels of Six Sigma training and certification program. It includes Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt Certification & Six Sigma Black Belt Certification. Here, in this article, let’s take a look at the key points which every individual must know about “Six Sigma”.
- About Six Sigma
It is a data-driven approach for project management which eliminates defects in a process. Six Sigma measures manufacturing output quality, product quality as well as the quality of the services. Companies which have applied Six Sigma have flourished in no time. For taking the company at the next level, Six Sigma is a great approach.
2. It Is A Methodology
Six Sigma employs two methods DMAIC & DMADV. The DMAIC stands for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control for improving the process as well as for making any correction.
DMADV refers to Define, Measure, Analyze, Design & Validate which is vital for re-engineering & process design. Six Sigma mainly does three actions for achieving the results viz, Process design & re-design, process improvement & process control.
- Requirements Of Six Sigma Certification
To get certified as a Six Sigma professional, first, you need to be a part of quality-related projects. The six sigma certification requirements vary depending on the certification level that you are in search for. Certification is offered by ASQ & IASSC. There are 3 different certification levels. It includes the following:
- Yellow Belt: The Six Sigma yellow belt is the entry-level certification.
- Green Belt: when it is to obtain six sigma green belt certification an individual need three years experience in one of the Six Sigma areas.
- Black Belt: The Six Sigma Black Belts is the most advanced certification level & can be obtained if a person has worked on one or more than one projects for full-time.
There are many organizations that sponsor the training & certification program for their employees. The process takes around one to three months to complete. You will be provided with the finest six sigma course material when you enroll in a reputed institute. Study hard to emerge successfully.
- Jobs In Various Sectors
Although Six Sigma is closely associated with the manufacturing processes, it can be applied across a wide variety of industries.the industries where Six Sigma approach can be applied includes the following:
- Financial Service
- IT sector
- Logistics & transportation
There is no dearth of job opportunities in the market for the Six Sigma Certified professionals. The job roles for the Six Sigma certified professionals available are as follows:
- Quality Manager
- Performance enhancement specialist
- Quality assurance analyst
- Business process engineer
- Continuous improvement leader
- Process excellence senior manager
- A Lean Approach To Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma mingles lean production or manufacturing with elimination variation of Six Sigma. The theory behind Lean is customers will only pay for those which are valuable to them. Something that does not add value to the customers must be eliminated as it is waste.
For waste elimination, lean makes use of many tools that are same as Six Sigma. So, Lean Six Sigma & Six Sigma goes hand in hand. The lean six sigma certification has also gained recognition among the individuals who want to climb the stairs of success in the corporate sector.
6. Follows Project-Based Approach
Every problem or correlated group of difficulties that affects single output is referred to as project initiated for progress. Numerous such projects are started as well as managed for baseline enhancement of service/product line as well as improvement of an organization. Every project is managed by the cross-functional team. The team is trained in several aspects including Six Sigma concepts.
7. Requires Consistent & Robust Support
Six Sigma entails strong & unswerving support from the top management for driving the management strategy. Otherwise, Six Sigma will shrink as small scale process enhancement tool.
8. Follows Firm Organization Structure
Six Sigma follows organization structure which is rigid apart from existing organization structure. There are Project Champion, Master Black Belt, Black Belt & Green Belt certified professionals. The role of these professionals as well as their contribution to Six Sigma projects is matchless.
9. Six Sigma Benefits Are Significant
Benefits of Six Sigma approach are unequivocal. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Improved level of customer satisfaction
- Increase in Revenue
- Cost reduction
- Decreased process variation
- Gives a boost to the confidence level of the employees followed by increased participation.
10. Transfer All Benefits Into Tangible Ones
Six Sigma converts all benefits into real ones by transferring those benefits into monetary savings. This is the foremost reason why most of the organizations are implementing Six Sigma as part of their management approach & subsequently attainment of inconceivable success pertinent to revenue, competitive advantage & market share.
The above-mentioned ten things will certainly transport a clear idea for Six Sigma to those who are keen on obtaining the Six Sigma Certification for flourishing in a career.
The job market for the Six Sigma certified professionals is wide. So, if you want to be known as a Six Sigma certified professional, then enroll in a reputed institute and emerge successfully.
Six Sigma’s approach has gained momentum in recent years and its benefits & significance will remain constant. It is an amazing structured strategy which is applied by the organizations and has yield favorable result. Both the employer & the employees will be benefited when embraced Six Sigma.
Signup NowSign up with Facebook
ORSignup with email
- Extraction Of Crude Metal From Concentrated Ore
- HTML Head And Metadata
- Android Image Upload To Server Using MultiPart Form
- File Download From Server And Saving In External Memory
- Minors And Cofactors
- How to create online educational content on Ourcoaching.com
- How to add videos in Editor - Ourcoaching.com
- How to add Images in Editor - Ourcoaching.com
- How to add Code View in Editor - Ourcoaching.com
- Online Education in India : A Future Prospect